Learn how to take full advantage of ProFinder from resetting your password to joining the ProFinder Elite Squad and everything in between.
Getting Started: Signing up, verifying and updating your account, resetting your password – everything you need to know to join the ever-growing ranks of ProFinder in your community and beyond.
Using the ProFinder App: Learn how the ProFinder app works to improve the mobile experience.
Ordering Food on ProFinder: Hungry but can’t pull yourself away from your smartphone? Don’t worry – you can order food on ProFinder from restaurants nearby.
ProFinder Whitelist: Everything you need to know about the people we recognize as the most active evangelists and role models for their ProFinder communities.
Events: Learn how to use ProFinder to post and attend offline events.
ProFinder Chat Box: Discuss your favorite craft breweries, where to go on date night, or ask other ProFinders questions about their own cities.
Privacy: We take your privacy seriously and hate spam even more than you do. Learn more about our privacy practices here.
Reviews & Photos
Everything you need to know about posting and reporting photos, reviews and other content.
Reporting an Inappropriate Review: Learn what’s ok — and not ok — for people to post in their reviews on Yelp.
Reporting an Inappropriate Photo/Video: Learn what makes for a good — or not so good — photo or video on Yelp.
Posting Reviews & Tips: How to share your experiences with the world about great local businesses in your neighborhood.
Posting Photos & Videos: The ins and outs of posting photos and videos to ProFinder.
Recommended Reviews: Learn more about our recommendation software, which is constantly at work trying to showcase the reviews that best reflect the opinions of the ProFinder community.
ProFinder allows users to contribute different kinds of content, including reviews, photos, videos, events, votes, tips, direct messages, and more. Playing nice isn’t rocket science, but just in case, we’ve put together these general guidelines. Please also read the guidelines below for specific types of content that you might contribute to the site.
- Inappropriate content: Colorful language and imagery is fine, but there’s no need for threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry.
- Conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be unbiased and objective. For example, you shouldn’t write reviews of your own business or employer, your friends’ or relatives’ business, your peers or competitors in your industry, or businesses in your networking group.
- Promotional content: Unless you’re using your Business Owners Account to add content to your business’s profile page, we generally frown upon promotional content. Let’s keep the site useful for consumers and not overrun with commercial noise from every user.
- Relevance: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate to the forum. For example, reviews aren’t the place for rants about a business’s employment practices, political ideologies, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that don’t address the core of the consumer experience.
- Privacy: Don’t publicize other people’s private information. Please don’t post close-up photos or videos of other patrons without their permission, and please don’t post other people’s full names unless you’re referring to service providers who are commonly identified by or commonly share their own full names.
- Intellectual property: Don’t swipe content from other sites or users. You’re a smart cookie, so write your own reviews and take your own photos and videos, please!
- Demanding payment: Beyond simply asking for a refund to remedy a bad experience, you should not use removing or posting your review as a way to extract payment from a business, regardless of whether you’ve been a customer.
Claiming your Business Page: Your business is on ProFinder – now what? Claim your business page and get started with our suite of free tools to help business owners get the most out of ProFinder.
Account Information: Forgot your password? Need to update your email address or set up notifications? Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to know about keeping your account up-to-date.
Updating your Business Page: Utilize business page features beyond the general contact info – add photos, Check-In Offers, Menus, etc. To learn more, browse the articles below, or check out our video of simple tips for creating a great ProFinder Business Page.
Managing Your Business with ProFinder: ProFinder offers some features and tips for promoting your business, gaining exposure, and communicating with customers. If you want to learn more about managing your business with Yelp, check out our Guide to Success.
Responding to Reviews: Need to respond to a review of your business? Click below for some best practices for both private and public responses, or watch our short video on how real business owners respond to reviews.
Ad Campaign: Browse the articles below to learn about Ad Campaign, ad delivery, and how to change or cancel your advertising campaign. You can also watch our video about the various ad programs we offer.
Billing & Payments: Learn about different forms of payment for ProFinder ads and how to update your billing information.
Measuring Activity & Performance: Learn about the different metrics in your business owner’s account and how you can use that information to help determine the success of your advertising.
Setting Up ProFinder Reservations: Get started with ProFinder Reservations – set up floor plans and rooms, create sheets for the different shifts throughout the week, schedule the sheets for your staff, and then get the reservation widget enabled on your websites.